These gorgeous little squares are like taking a bite of summer…….the brightness of the lemon and the sweetness of the strawberry make these bars a sure-fire hit at any
special occasion (or just because) These sure are at my house! We love them here and I hope you’ll love them too. ❤
I had fun making these squares, they turned out perfectly cooked and so full of flavor. The combination of strawberry and lemon is a perfect for the very tasty crust. The crust of these squares is just like a shortbread crust , in other words DELICIOUS!. You have to be careful or you’ll end up eating more than you likely should ;-). I won’t tell if you don’t. ❤ ❤
Start out with the crust first. Get it all blended and press into a square pan. Bake for 10-12 mins at 350 degrees until the edges are lightly browned.
While the crust is baking whip up the strawberry lemon filling mixture in a blender. This recipe comes together so quickly. ❤ Gently pour in onto the baked crust.
Bake for 25-30 until the strawberry lemon filling has set (it won’t jiggle) and lest cool completely before serving. Like most THM recipes serving this chilled is preferred.
An incredible bite of sunshine. This Strawberry Lemonade Bar is light, summery, sweet and delightful.
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
Recipe4 tsp Gentle Sweet Blend – OR – 2 tsp Super Sweet Blend – OR – Sweetener of choice
1/2 cup Butter, softened (if dairy free use coconut oil in place of butter)
2/3 cup THM Baking Blend – OR – Equal parts Nili’s Baking Mix
1/3 cup Almond Flour (almond meal)
3/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice (or 1/2 cup bottled lemon + 1/4 cup water)
2 tsp Lemon Zest
3/4 cup Strawberries (puree after measuring)
6 Tbsp Gentle Sweet Blend – OR – 3 Tbsp Super Sweet Blend – OR – Sweetener of choice
4 large eggs
1/3 cup THM Baking Blend
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp Mineral Salt (non iodized mineral/sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray paper and sides of pan with coconut oil or lightly grease with butter.
- To make the crust- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer (or even by hand) In a large bowl, cream together butter and sweetener of choice until light and well mixed.
- Gradually add baking blend, almond flour and salt until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat into the bottom of a prepared pan and press into an even layer. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned and set.
- As the crust is in the oven start making the filling.
- In the a food processor or blender, combine strawberry puree, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs and sweetener and process until smooth. Add in baking blend, baking powder and salt, and blend until well mixed.
- Slowly and carefully pour the filling mixture over the hot crust as it’s fresh out of the oven.
- Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 25 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Let these squares cool completely before cutting and whip blades between cuts.
- Store bars in the refrigerator, Makes 16 nice sized bars.
Chrissy Benoit ❤
If you liked this recipe be sure to try these as well: