Blueberries are in such ample supply right now, and they’re one of my favorite berries. So it goes without saying I love coming so up recipes to include them. It’s so much fun to create real healthy food.
This Blueberry Lemon MIM (stands for Muffin in a Mug) came from moment of deep hunger…some might call it “hangry” lol. Well, I wasn’t about to let that take me over so I went to the kitchen and with little thought came up with this easy, delicious, Trim Healthy Mama approved (learn more about THM here) MIM.
This muffin in a mug is so easy to make, which is great for when you’re in a real hurry like around breakfast or lunch. You can zap this in the microwave or bake it in the oven, it’s really your choice.
This MIM is a great source of protein and has excellent antioxidants from those amazing little blueberries.
I’m sure this MIM will be a new favorite of yours with the first bite.
1 Tbsp Butter (or coconut oil for a dairy free option) melted
4 tsp Gentle Sweet Blend – OR – 2 tsp Super Sweet Blend (buy here) or sweetener of choice
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 dash Mineral Salt (buy here)
1 egg (whole)
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (if freshly squeezed use 3 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Water
1/4 cup Blueberries
- Melt butter in a microwavable cereal bowl (or a smaller bowl of any kind)
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT blueberries
- Mix together all ingredients very well
- Add Blueberries (fresh or frozen will work well)
- Microwave for 1.5 – 2.5 mins depending on the size and wattage of your microwave. – OR – Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Chrissy Benoit ❤