I made this Quiche just yesterday, and as I am typing up this post I’ve been enjoying it cold….yeah, I love to eat leftovers cold. A notion my hubby can’t wrap his head around but that’s that fine, this can be easily reheated in a pinch. This was so great, it’s been way too long since I’ve enjoyed a Quiche that wasn’t crust-less.
I loved using my Best Low Carb Pie Crust Recipe as it’s so versatile. It’s the perfect texture for pies, tarts or for Quiche. I am very excited to keep creating more and more Trim Healthy Mama compliant recipes with it. (learn more about THM here)
The tradition of fall and pie is a long and lovely one. I’ve got plans for lots of yummy creations that I can’t wait to share with you, so stay tuned.
Throwing this together was quite easy , and it makes one giant Quiche, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did/do.❤
-Best Low Carb Pie Crust Shell-
1 and 1/3 cups THM Baking Blend – OR – 1 and 1/3 cups Nili’s Baking Blend (linked here) (buy THM Baking Blend here)
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Softened Butter (not melted)
1/2 cups water
1/8 tsp Mineral Salt
1 Tbsp Erythritol – OR – 1 tsp of Super Sweet Blend – OR – 2 tsp Gentle Sweet (buy THM or non sweeteners here)
2 cups Ham
1 cup Heavy Cream (whipping cream)
1 cup Blend (half & half)
2 cups Cheese shredded (I used half mozzarella and marble cheese)
2 cups Broccoli Florets
1 tsp Onion Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
-Pie Crust Instructions-
- Place Baking Blend, mineral salt, sweetener and eggs with the softened butter. Using a stand mixer or two forks, or a pastry blender mix until it forms a crumbly texture.
- Add water slowly (making sure to blend well before adding more water). It will form a large ball and stay together well after all the water has been added.
- Press dough by hand into pie plate. Bring it up over the edges slightly to allow for decorative edging is so desired. Poke the bottom of the pie with your fork, to prevent bubbling and lifting while baking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pre bake empty pie shell for 10 minutes. *Be sure to have punctured shell bottom well with a fork.
- Dice up ham into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl beat eggs and the two creams together until eggs are well combined with the cream.
- Add onion powder, salt and pepper and set aside. This allows time for the seasonings to deeply flavor the egg and cream mixture.
- I cheat here by grating my cheese in my most excellent Omniblend V blender…lol This takes no time this way. I just break it into smaller pieces and use the pulse function until it’s well crumbled.
- Chop up your broccoli into small pieces of just the floret, not the broccoli stock.
- Place ham, cheese and broccoli into the egg and cream mixture. Stir well.
- Pour into prepared pie plate
- Gently cover the pie crust edges with tin foil. This keeps the pie crust from burning
- Bake for 50-60 mins. Start checking with a toothpick around the 50 minute mark.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before eating.
- Serve and enjoy
This turns out to be such a hearty and delicious Quiche. My whole family thoroughly enjoyed this as I hope yours will too.
4 thoughts on “Ham Cheese & Broccoli Quiche (THM S)”
That sounds delicious. I can’t wait to try it next time we have ham.
Thanks Heather. <3
Have you had any success with freezing quiche?
It would greatly depend of the veggies you choose to use in your quiche. Ones that water will make it soggy when defrosted.