These squares are so soft, chewy and moist. I’ve made them a couple of times now and my kids clean them out in 2 days. I’m happy to let them go to town with these treats, they’re sugar free, gluten free and so healthy for their growing bodies.
I went through a short lived 3.5 month time period that my daughter wasn’t enjoying any Trim Healthy Mama treats I made. (learn more about THM here)
She was going through a phase ….she only wanted real sugary treats. I don’t make those at home so she was out of luck. Thankfully all of a sudden a switch flipped and she’s loving everything I make again. Phew!
When I looked back on the situation her tastes changed when we were celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving, American Thanksgiving, Christmas parties, church functions, and family meals. She was getting a tonne of sugary treats at those functions, and that fueled her desire for more. I also have to admit I enjoyed some sugary treats as well. T’was the season and all. lol
It makes sense to me now. She would eat those sugary treats then have no interest in my THM treats. Sugar is a sneaky and unrelenting trickster, when you’re hooked there’s not much that will satisfy the cravings.
Thankfully now that those special events, and seasonal family gatherings have passed, I’ve been able to clear out the sugar from my family’s diet. Now all my THM baking is loved, and requested again! I couldn’t be happier.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do. It’s a huge hit every time I make it.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe called “Jenifer’s IP Tweaks for BAM Pumpkin Cake” (E fuel). A variation of the popular THM recipe Bust-a-Myth Banana Bread located in the THM Cookbook pg 298. You can see Jenifer C’s original recipe on Trimhealthymembership.com membership site.
- Butter to prepare your 9 x 13 pan
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1 cup Baking Blend (BUY HERE)
- 1/2 cup Oat Fiber (BUY HERE)
- 1/2 tsp Mineral Salt (BUY HERE)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder (aluminum free preferably)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 Tbsp Super Sweet Blend – OR – 3/4 cup Gentle Sweet Blend (BUY HERE)
- 1 cup Fat free Greek Yogurt
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 2/3 cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (THM BRAND – Lily’s or Krisda Brand works well) (BUY HERE)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 baking pan with butter .
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
- Blend ingredients well, scrape down sides of mixing bowl to ensure complete mixture of ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in by hand.
- Pour entire mixture into your prepared 9 x 13 pan, use a spatula to spread evenly in your pan.
- Baked at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Check center with toothpick for doneness.
- Let cool completely, and cut into 15 equal squares
*Due to this recipe using oat flour, limit your serving size to 2 of the 15 equal squares to keep within an S setting (fat source), more will throw you into the Crossover setting (both fat, and carb source), which is known to stall weight loss.